CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 29, 2008

yikes


So seeing as i love to go off about work, here i go again. Today 2 of our graduates left our class for kindergarten. It was bittersweet and tear filled. One of the families got me a 50.00 gift to a restaurant and 10.00 giftcard to great harvest bread. As super thoughtful as this is the thank you note that accompanied really did me in. This particular student was a joy to me with his individuality and creativity. I mean this kid is the next Stephan King. In the thank you note i was thanked for making my classroom a safe place for him and encouraging his imagination. I know i'm leaving the field but of all times for me to decide this....after getting that card...i've become ever more certain that i am a good teacher and i actually do make a difference however small in amy kids lives. 

To top off this sad day...to know that i've sent my brightest and my most creative children off to the public school system is unsettling to me. I mean combined these kids have Julies intelligence and creativity. I only hope that they are as resistent to the public school white wash as she was. 
P.S...Julies is awsome!

3 comments:

Bird Wicks said...

Mmmm, bread.

Anonymous said...

julie is my hero.wise mystical
goddess. unique specimen.

Anonymous said...

hobbit, are you still alive?